(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) As of Wednesday evening, the Missouri River set its third highest level ever in St. Joseph.
The level of 27.35 feet, as of 8:30 p.m., surpasses the previous third highest set back in 1881.
Now, the only two crests that are higher are from 2011, when the river reached 29.97 feet, and 1993, when the river reached 32.07 feet.
Forecasts for the Missouri River in St. Joseph put the river at 29.1 feet on Friday.
- Missouri River now at third highest level on record in St. Joseph
- Missouri River expected to reach second highest crest on record in St. Joseph
- Missouri River forecast to have third highest crest ever in St. Joseph
- Missouri River to crest at just over 30 feet in St. Joseph, second highest ever
- Missouri River to crest near all-time record level Friday
- Missouri River rising, nearing major flood stage in St. Joseph
- Missouri River sets all-time record crest in St. Joseph, preliminary data says
- Doniphan County officials continue monitoring Missouri River level
- Missouri Arts Council meets in St. Joseph