(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri River in St. Joseph reaches major flood stage as of Wednesday afternoon and the new forecast for the river brings a higher crest than previous forecast.
As of 12:30 p.m., the river was at 27.03 feet, which is in major flood stage.
The latest forecast as of Wednesday morning brings the river to the third highest crest on record at 29.2 feet on Thursday.
- Missouri River reaches major flood stage, crest forecast rises
- Missouri River rising, nearing major flood stage in St. Joseph
- Lower crest expected, major flooding still forecast in St. Joseph
- River forecasts fluctuate, major flooding still forecast
- Missouri River falls below major flood stage, first time since March 20
- Missouri River expected to reach second highest crest on record in St. Joseph
- Rulo, Nebraska sets record crest on Missouri River
- Missouri River to crest near all-time record level Friday
- Missouri River continues to fall after record crest
- Rulo, Nebraska Missouri River gauge reaches major flood status, first time since 2011