(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri River in St. Joseph reaches major flood stage as of Wednesday afternoon and the new forecast for the river brings a higher crest than previous forecast.
As of 12:30 p.m., the river was at 27.03 feet, which is in major flood stage.
The latest forecast as of Wednesday morning brings the river to the third highest crest on record at 29.2 feet on Thursday.
- Missouri River reaches major flood stage, crest forecast rises
- Missouri River rising, nearing major flood stage in St. Joseph
- Missouri River to crest near major flood stage in St. Joseph this weekend
- Missouri River to rise into moderate flood stage this week
- Missouri River could reach major flood stage in St. Joseph by Thursday
- Missouri River forecasted to crest at 29 feet by Thursday
- Lower crest expected, major flooding still forecast in St. Joseph
- River forecasts fluctuate, major flooding still forecast
- Missouri River falls below major flood stage, first time since March 20
- Missouri River expected to reach second highest crest on record in St. Joseph