(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) As of 4:15 p.m. on Friday, the Missouri River crested at 32.08 feet and if that height is confirmed, March 22, 2019, will have the highest crest on record in St. Joseph.
The previous highest was back in July of 1993 when the river reached 32.07 feet.
Officials from the City of St. Joseph released data Friday saying the river reached even higher levels.
In either case, officials from the National Weather Service and partnering agencies will work to confirm that the record was indeed broken in the coming days.
- Missouri River sets all-time record crest in St. Joseph, preliminary data says
- Rulo, Nebraska sets record crest on Missouri River
- Missouri River to crest near all-time record level Friday
- Missouri River expected to reach second highest crest on record in St. Joseph
- Missouri River continues to fall after record crest
- Missouri River forecast to have third highest crest ever in St. Joseph
- Missouri River to crest at just over 30 feet in St. Joseph, second highest ever
- Missouri River reaches major flood stage, crest forecast rises
- Lower crest expected, major flooding still forecast in St. Joseph