12-seed Missouri Western (13-17) knocked off 4-seed Central Oklahoma (22-7) 49-46 in the MIAA quarterfinals Thursday night.
Missouri Western became the first 12-seed to ever win an MIAA quarterfinal game. The Griffons face the previous lowest seed to ever advance to the semifinals, 9-seed Lindenwood.
Lindenwood advances to the semi-finals for the second straight year as the 9-seed. They upset the top seed Central Missouri Thursday night.
Missouri Western and Lindenwood square-off at 2:15 Saturday at Municipal Auditorium in downtown Kansas City.
- Missouri Western Women Continue Post-Season Run
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Missouri Western Football Signing Day
- Missouri Western names fifth president
- Missouri Western Celebrates 2017 Winter Graduates
- State Cuts Close Missouri Western Apprenticeship Program
- Western Softball Sweeps Missouri Southern Thursday
- Missouri Western Still Searching for Historic Mace
- Missouri Western dedicates Bill Snyder Pavilion
- Missouri Western moves in 1,000 new students