(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) MoDOT crews are out working to keep drivers safe with freezing rain falling throughout northwest Missouri Tuesday morning.
MoDOT activated its Emergency Operations Center at 11:00 p.m. Monday and dispatched 60 trucks to treat highways.
By Tuesday morning, nearly 100 trucks were called out to fight the freezing rain.
MoDOT's Traveler's Map shows many roads in northwest Missouri are either covered or partly covered.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for St. Joseph until 6:00 p.m. with up to a quarter of an inch of ice possible.
- MoDOT Treating Highways for Ice
- MoDOT truck overturns on highway
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- MoDOT Crews Working to Clear Highways After Winter Storm
- MoDOT and Highway Patrol Demonstrate the Importance of Seat Belts
- MoDOT Studying Speed Limit Change to Stretch of Belt Highway
- MODOT Prepares for First Snowfall
- MoDOT Explains New Merging Technique
- MoDOT prepares for winter storm
- MoDOT prepares for wintry blast