(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri Department of Transportation has announced that crews will close the I-229 double-decker bridge for routine maintenance beginning Monday, June 24.
The bridge and all ramps will be closed from Highland Ave. to U.S. Route 36 and northbound from Lake Boulevard to Highland Ave. through Friday, June 28.
During the maintenance work, crews will also clean drains and make repairs to the bridge decks and joints.
All work is weather permitting and could be rescheduled.
- MoDOT to close I-229 double-decker bridge next week for maintenance
- I-229 Double-Decker Bridge closed for routine maintenance
- MoDOT narrows options for I-229 Double Decker Bridge
- I-229 double-decker bridge to close for routine maintenance November 25
- MODOT closes I-229 for bridge repairs
- Businesses continue conversation over I-229 Double Decker Bridge
- Leaders look to future of I-229 double decker
- Public open house scheduled to discuss future of I-229 double-decker bridge
- Public invited to discuss future of I-229 double-decker bridge in St. Joseph
- MoDOT Discusses Options for Future of I-229