(BRAYMER, Mo.) More and More departments of law enforcement are assisting in the search for two missing brothers from Wisconsin that are now feared dead.
Authorities said the search effort continues to grow despite the case now being called a death investigation.
"We’re out here working diligently for the victims and their families," Sheriff Bill Puett, Buchanan County said.
Among the many departments helping in the search is the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department, Puett said a team of eight investigatores from the department are combing through a field on a property just outside of Braymer where the missing men were believed to be immediately preceding their disappearance.
"The team’s been out here for four days working twelve to fourteen hours a day," Puett said.
Authorities described painstaking work searching every inch of the property in hot summer weather and for long periods of time.
Sheriff Larry Fish with the Clinton County Sheriff's Department said he has requested neighboring departments for assistance.
Sheriff’s departments from Clay and Platte counties as well as the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Missouri Department of Conservation were called in, as well as police departments from Kearney and Cameron.
"It’s gonna take a lot of resources," Fish said. "it's gonna take a lot of manpower."
Authorities leading the investigation dubbed it "long term," meaning it won’t be an easy case to solve, but they said they plan to work as long and as hard as they need to in hopes of finding a resolution.
"It’s not something that’s going to be cut and dry and quick," Fish said. "It's gonna take time."
Authorities plan to provide an update on the investigation Monday (7/29) in Braymer.
- Additional departments join search effort for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Multiple agencies search for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Deputies searching for two missing Wisconsin brothers in northwest Missouri
- Remains identified as missing Wisconsin brothers
- Case of missing Wisconsin brothers turns into death investigation
- Investigation continues after human remains found during search for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Court document details murder of Wisconsin brothers
- Search continues for missing brothers in Clinton and Caldwell counties
- Multiple agencies assist in 'long-term' death investigation into missing Wisconsin brothers
- Authorities to hold press conference regarding death investigation into missing Wisconsin brothers