The heat has returned in a big way and will continue a few more days. Tonight, mostly clear skies are expected with low temps in the upper 60s and low 70s. Windy conditions will continue as winds come from the south at 10-20 mph.
Temperatures will continue to warm up into the middle 90s as we end the week and go into the weekend. We'll stay breezy & mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday. There is a chance for some stray light showers on Saturday afternoon as a weak disturbance pushes through, other than that we will be staying dry.
There is better chances of rain in the forecast Monday through Tuesday. Something we'll have to wait and see if the models can hold together on. Stay tuned! We'll cool back down to the upper 80s with mostly sunny skies by midweek.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- More heat and strong winds Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong system bringing rain, snow, and strong winds
- KQ2 Forecast: Plenty of sunshine with some wind on Saturday
- A winter storm in Hawaii has produced strong winds, high surf, and yes, even snow
- Strong T-Storms possible tonight
- Chiefs Rookie Linebacker Starts Strong
- The Heat is ON
- Heat Advisory Through Monday
- Excessive Heat Warning Issued
- The Heat continues