(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Patients at Mosaic Life Care can now connect their medical information from multiple health-care organizations all in one place.
The hospital announced they will be partnering with Apple company to make it easier for patients to access medical documents right on their phone, using Apple's Health App.
To access records on the app, patients need to have a Mosaic Portal log in, which they can register for on the Health app with their Medical Record Number [MRN] or on the Mosaic website.
To set up their app, users need to update their iOS software on their iPhones to the 11.3 version. Then pull up the Health app - which is pre-installed on every iPhone - click on the health records tab, search for Mosaic Life Care, then log-in using your Mosaic Portal username and password.
Brennan Lehman, chief information officer for Mosaic, said the app is about bringing convenience to their patients.
"If you decide to go on vacation you have all of your results with you. If you happen to see somebody there, you come back to your home facility, you go in and now you have those results from that providers location as well with you," Lehman said. "That way you don't have to worry about transferring paper. It's all about convenience and access for our patients."
Lehman said the app is secure, and updates documents and results fast and accurately.
Currently, the app only shows a patients documents and records regarding their clinical lab results and vital signs.
The new Health Records feature now has nearly 40 health organizations participating, including several from Missouri. Those include Cerner’s employee clinic, Truman Medical Center.
- Mosaic Announces Partnership with Apple
- St. Joseph Catholic Schools Announce New Partnership
- Mosaic Announces New Heartland Foundation President
- Mosaic Celebrates Donate Life Month
- Mosaic Life Care Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Mayo Clinic Representatives Visit Mosaic Life Care
- Mosaic to host breast cancer awareness event
- Mosaic starting to treat flu cases
- "Viva St. Joseph" Theme Announced for 2018 Apple Blossom Festival
- Mosaic Life Care Honors Veteran Caregivers and Patients