(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) For its use of health care technology, Mosaic Life Care has been named the 2018 Most Wired Hospital for the 5th year in a row.
The award is given by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME). Hospitals are asked to complete a survey, which is used to judge the organization's progress in adoption, implementation and use of information technology.
Mosaic Life Care was one of 650 organizations that applied and one of 250 to receive the recognition.
The health care facility sites the use of an online patient portal, electronic health records, and virtual house calls as the reason it received the award.
"It makes it very exciting because first off we need to make sure we have the right technology to care of those patients and visitors," Brenda Williams Vice President of Technology Services at Mosaic Life Care said. "And that we have the clinicians have the right pieces of software."
Williams said that this year's survey had harder requirements on things like cybersecurity and clinical use.
In the future, the hospital hopes to incorporate more technology into its ability to treat patients.
- Mosaic Life Care named Most Wired Hospital in 2018
- Mosaic Life Care purchases St. Francis Hospital in Maryville
- Mosaic Life Care officially takes over hospital in Maryville
- Mosaic Life Care Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Mayo Clinic Representatives Visit Mosaic Life Care
- Mosaic Celebrates Donate Life Month
- Mosaic Life Care Honors Veteran Caregivers and Patients
- Mosaic Life Care Home Health Service Celebrates 40 Years
- Local boy scout donates little libraries to Mosaic Life Care
- Mosaic Life Care recognizes Nurse of the Year