(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Sydney Jones, 27, plead not guilty to charges of child abuse that lead to the drowning death of her six-month-old baby in early December.
According to court documents, Jones allegedly submerged the baby completely under water and pinned the infant down under an inflatable child's tub inside the bathtub while the water was still running.
Traces of marijuana were found in her system at the time of the incident.
Jones is currently in custody on a $100,000 bond.
- Mother Pleads Not Guilty in Child Death Case
- Former Cameron teacher pleads ‘not guilty’ in child porn case
- St. Joseph man pleads guilty to molesting child
- Royals Pitcher Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Forrester pleads guilty to killing grandmother
- Contractor pleads guilty to defrauding clients
- Parent who paid $400,000 to get his child into Georgetown pleads guilty
- Former Cameron teacher pleads guilty to using hidden camera to produce child pornography
- Boyfriend of Leah Dawson pleaded guilty of assaulting her in 2017 case
- St. Joseph police officer pleads not guilty in domestic assault case