(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A northwest Missouri mother who is guilty of drowning her infant in a bathtub was sentenced to life in prison Thursday.
Sydney Jones, 29, was found guilty in July for child abuse, or neglect that resulted in the death of her 6-month-old son.
Jones' 6-month-old son, Keith, was found dead on December 7, 2017. Police responded to a 911 call about a possible drowned baby in an apartment on Texas Avenue.
RELATED STORY: Mother guilty of drowning baby in bathtub
- Mother sentenced to life for drowning baby in bathtub
- Trial underway for mother accused of drowning her baby
- Mother guilty of drowning baby in bath tub
- Mother Sentenced to Probation in Baby Sleeping Death
- Bethany Man Drowns in Arkansas
- Mother Charged in Death of 6-Month-Old Baby
- Mother arrested for attempting to sell babies on Instagram
- Police Confirm Toddler is in Protective Services After Mother Charged with Drowning Infant Son
- It's a girl! Mosaic Life Care's first baby of 2019
- Man charged with murder receives multiple life sentences