(HARRISON COUNTY, Mo.) A 65-year-old man is dead after attempting to avoid striking a deer while driving a motorcycle on U.S. Route 69 in Harrison County Friday morning, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The crash happening eight miles south of Bethany at 7:05 a.m. Friday.
The crash happened as 65-year-old Danny Daniel of Pattonsburg was driving his motorcycle north on U.S. 69 when he attempted to avoid striking a deer and began to skid. The motorcycle then struck the deer and traveled off the east side of the road. Daniel was ejected from the bike.
Daniel was pronounced dead at the scene and next of kin has been notified.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The Harrison County Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- Motorcyclist killed after hitting deer in Harrison County
- Accident on Belt Highway sends motorcyclist to hospital
- Woman Killed After Being Hit by Truck
- Highway Patrol cautions drivers to look out for deer
- Deer in 24 states infected with chronic wasting disease
- Elmo Man Killed After Being Hit by Backhoe
- 'Violent tornado' delivers direct hit to Missouri, killing 3 overnight
- Woman Killed in Holt County Crash
- Winston Woman Killed in Clinton County Crash
- Four people injured after car collides with John Deere tractor on Highway 36