The Mound City girls basketball team advance to the state finals following a win against Wheatland, 49-39. They take on a Bradleyville team coming off a semifinal win over Glasgow, 51-34.
Tip-off for the final is set for 2:40 p.m. tomorrow at JQH arena in Springfield.
North Andrew boys didn't see a similar fate. The Cardinals dropped their semifinal contest to Walnut Grove, 51-50. That one-point difference is enough to hand North Andrew its first loss on the year.
The Cardinals now play for third-place against Chamois, who lost their semifinal game Friday, 50-36. North Andrew and Chamois square-off at 12:50 p.m. tomorrow at Hammons Student Center on the Missouri State campus.
- Mound City Girls Advance, North Andrew Boys Fall In Semis
- Flooding leads to evacuations in Mound City
- Mound City opens temporary shelter for people in need
- Man seriously injured after dump truck overturns near Mound City
- Red Cross closing Mound City shelter as flood waters recede
- Mound City residents clean up after Saturday's apparent tornado
- Damage reported in Mound City after possible tornado
- FEMA disaster recovery center to open in Mound City Friday
- Numerous rock trucks in Mound City cause noisy nuisance
- SJC Boys Upset Lathrop, Girls Fall at Home