(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Remington Nature Center held the 11th annual Insect-O-Rama event on Saturday.
The insect-filled event featured spiders, butterflies, and caterpillars.
An insect chef was also at the event providing samples for people brave enough. On the menu were Japanese beetles, meal worms, and other insects.
The event also welcomed a local pest control company and the St. Joseph Health Department.
Shelly Cox, the Remington Nature Center's Naturalist, says that the family friendly event allows people to learn more about things that people may not like very much.
"Many people are scared of things like snakes or spiders or insects and so if we bring them into an environment where they can see them safely, and maybe be able handle some of these things, face those fears," Cox said. "Or learn about them and recognize that they do serve a purpose in the environment."
- Nature Center holds Insect-O-Rama
- Nature Center Hosts 7th Annual Herp-O-Rama
- Nature Center Holding Family Friendly Events this Weekend
- Midwest Motor Rama Draws a Crowd
- Fees increase at Remington Nature Center
- Remington Nature Center in its 10th year
- War Artifacts on Display at Remington Nature Center
- Pregnancy Resource Center holds maternity closet
- Hillyard Technical Center Cancels Classes
- Elwood senior center to close