Photo Gallery 1 Images
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) Those who live in the area of 25th and Duncan have reacted to the news of Wednesday night's shooting, in which an 18 year-old male was killed. Many of them have shared about what they saw and heard on social media. Neighbors say that more than 20 gunshots were heard in the area at the time, and one person shared pictures of what appear to be bullet holes that passed through his house. KQ2 spoke with one neighbor who told us she was shocked to hear the news.
"I was really suprised, we were awake and we didn't hear anything, and I was just really shocked when I heard about it this morning." said Tonya Daring, who lives just down the street from where the shooting happened. When asked about the neighborhood, Daring decribed it as "very quiet" and called the shooting "Out of character" for the neighborhood.
A 20 year-old male suffered non life-threatning injuries in the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call the tips hotline at (816) 238-TIPS (8477).
- Neighborhood reacts to deadly shooting
- Neighborhood reacts after abandoned building catches fire
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Suspect charged in deadly midtown shooting
- Officer named in January shooting linked to 2017 deadly shooting
- Neighborhood festival celebrates 30 years
- SJPD reacts to three shootings in four days
- School District Talks Safety After Deadly School Shooting in Florida
- Police Identify Victim in Deadly Shooting on Lafayette Street