(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) - New E30 fuel is now being dispensed at the Fastgas at 4217 Frederick Avenue in St. Joseph.
The E30 fuel is made from corn that is grown in the St. Joseph area.
"It's something that they've wanted to do here to help promote the ethanol industry and AG, corn and all of that stuff," Production Manager at ICM Biofuels, Toby Brown, said. "That is going to keep the local economy going."
ICM Biofuels hosted a grand opening launch at the gas station on Friday.
The E30 fuel is dispensed at the most western pump and features a distinctive yellow nozzle.
The new fuel is said to improve engine performance and offer an environmentally-responsible alternative to gasoline.
It is recommended that only "flex-fuel" vehicles use the new E30 fuel.
- New E30 fuel offered at St. Joseph gas station
- Man charged after armed robbery of St. Joseph gas station
- St. Joseph Animal Shelter opens mobile station
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 10 years in prison for 2017 gas station robbery
- Police search for suspects in armed robbery of central St. Joseph gas station
- Man sentenced to 12 years for armed robbery of St. Joseph gas station
- Gas station honors local man by offering discounted gasoline
- New '80s, '90s music radio station comes to St. Joseph
- Kehoe visits St. Joseph to promote gas tax
- Governor stops in St. Joseph to promote gas tax