(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Parents is Maryville now have a new option for preschool and childcare. SSM Health St. Francis has openned their new early childhood learning center at 409 W. South Hills Drive. The SSM Preschool & Child Care Center is a 14,200 square foot center which doubles the capacity of the prior building at 3,000 square feet. The new building can serve up to 136 children with 11 classrooms, a gross motor activity room and additional conference rooms for before and after school care.
SSM Health Preschool & Child Care Center Manager, Pradnya Patet said the new classroom space give students acess to new resources.
"We can now have things in our classrooms like Smart Boards, in the other building we had no room for things like that, now with this technology we can add to our curriculum,"Patet said.
The new facility is a result of three years of planning and fundraising. The $3million project was funded through a $1million Missouri Community Developement Start Smart Block Grant, Neighborhood Assistance Tax Credits and local fundraisers.
SSM Health Preschool & Child Care Center is the only liscened learning center for preschool and toddlers in the area.
Classes began August 9, but the center will be hosting an open house on September 9, from 1pm to 3pm for parents who are interested in enrolling thier little ones. If you have any questions call the center at 660-562-7920.
- New building for preschool kids in Maryville
- City of Maryville receives $10.4 million BUILD grant
- Maryville Plans Independence Day Celebration
- Lightning strike kills Maryville man
- Maryville TNR rescues feral felines
- State Non-Profit Donated Shoes to Local Preschoolers
- Oak Grove preschoolers adopt a family for Christmas
- Oak Grove graduates their preschool class of 2019
- Mid-Buchanan, Maryville Nab Wins Wednesday Night
- Lafayette Tops Maryville in Conference Play