(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A new memorial has been erected in front of the Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop H Headquarters.
The memorial honors three state troopers who've died in the line of duty.
Trooper Fred Gutherie, Cpl. Henry Bruns, and Sgt. Robert Kimberling's names are displayed on the permanent memorial.
"We thought it would be fitting to put a more permanent memorial here," Sgt. Jake Angle, MSHP Troop H said. "It's in honor of those officers here in Troop H who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our state."
The Highway Patrol officially dedicated the new memorial on Monday.
- New memorial to honor fallen troopers
- Gower Unveils New Memorial Honoring the Fallen
- Local VFW hosts Memorial Day ceremony, honors fallen soldiers
- Memorial Garden Honors Memory of Local Veterans
- Community Honors Fallen Officers with Candlelight Vigil
- "Flags for Fallen Soldiers" honors veterans
- St. Joseph firefighters honor the fallen in annual 9/11 memorial stair climb
- Gower pays respect to fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- Western Honors First Responders With EMS Memorial
- St. Joseph firefighters climb steps to honor fallen 9/11 firefighters