(NODAWAY COUNTY, Mo.) A Burlington Junction man pleaded guilty to the murder of his 88-year-old father.
Lawrence Wayne Davison, 64, pleaded guilty in court on Monday.
RELATED STORY: Man faces murder charge in Nodaway County
According to Nodaway County Sheriff's Office Facebook page Davison called 911 on January 25 requesting an ambulance for his father who was on the floor unresponsive but breathing.
Davison was taken into custody right away for assault, while the victim was transported to SSM Hospital in Maryville. Davison's father died four days later.
County Prosecutor Robert Rice originally charged Davison with assault in the first-degree. The charges were later upgraded to felony murder after the autopsy report confirmed the cause of death was head trauma.
A sentencing hearing will be held on December 3.
- Nodaway County man pleads guilty to murdering his father
- Man faces murder charge in Nodaway County
- Man arrested for DWI following crash in rural Nodaway county
- Man life-flighted to Mosaic following crash in Nodaway County
- Jury convicts Nodaway County man of molesting three girls
- Conception Junction man arrested following drug sting in Nodaway County
- Nodaway County man killed in lawn mowing accident
- Man charged after drug paraphernalia found in Nodaway County home
- Man facing murder charges pleads guilty to sex offender charges
- Flu Closes Northeast Nodaway R-V Friday