(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Just two weeks ahead of Christmas, several holiday shoppers were upset to find North Belt Walmart was closed the majority of the day Sunday.
The retail store said they lost power a little after 10 a.m. that morning, causing them to offially close their doors to customers.
Employees said they aren't sure what caused the power outage. North Belt Walmart was the only store effected by the loss of power.
The store was reopened at 6 a.m. Monday Dec. 11. KCP&L stated that Walmart's power outage was isolated just to the store and no other losses were reported.
- North Belt Walmart Closed for Hours Due to Power Outage
- Shots Fired at North Belt Walmart Parking Lot
- Edison Elementary dismissing early Monday due to power outage
- Widespread Power Outage Hits St. Joseph
- Power Outages Reported in St. Joseph Area
- Tractor Trailer Strikes Power Pole, Causes Outages
- Power outage leaves thousands in the dark
- Car accident to blame for power outage
- Police Investigate Robbery at North Belt Gas Station
- Snow storm causes power outages across the area