(HIGHLAND, Kan.)- One northeast Kansas woman had a very special birthday to celebrate.
Troy native Erma Gaul turned 102 years old on Monday.
To celebrate, the staff at Highland Healthcare & Rehab sang her Happy Birthday and gave her a card and cupcakes.
Even though she no longer speaks, Gaul is still a very bright light to many through her laughter and smile. That many say is the secret to her longevity.
"We really enjoy Erma. She's a very delightful woman and knows how to make us smile," said Highland Healthcare & Rehab Activities Director Colleen Simmons. "Even though she's 102, she's a go-getter still."
Gaul was born on October 7,1917.
She worked as a secretary before she settled down and became a housewife. Gaul and her husband, Raymond had one daughter and several grandchildren during their many happy years of marriage.
She has been a resident at Highland Healthcare & Rehab since June 2012.
- Northeast Kansas woman turns 102
- Flu shuts down northeast Kansas school district
- Super Bowl LIV averaged 102 million viewers
- Snow and Ice Cover Roads in Northeast Kansas
- Suspect Arrested in Bomb Threat at Northeast Kansas College
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in northeast Kansas
- 1 killed, 1 injured in northeast Kansas accident
- $2 million Powerball ticket sold in northeast Kansas
- Northeast Kansas teacher killed in car crash remembered
- Man in standoff with northeast Kansas police found dead