(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating a workplace death at AG Processing in St. Joseph.
The accident happened on Monday at AGP's facility on Lower Lake Road involving an AGP contractor.
Police identified the victim as 56-year-old Tony Wilson and say the accident was a fall that resulted in the death.
"It is an unfortunate incident," said AGP Vice President of Corporate Relations and Government Affairs Matt Caswell.
According to an OSHA spokesperson, preliminary information shows Wilson fell from the top of a tank that was approximately 50-foot in circumference and about 57-feet high.
Wilson worked for Skinner Tank Company based in Yale, Oklahoma. OSHA has opened inspections with both AG Processing and Skinner Tank Company.
OSHA's investigation could take up to six months to complete.
- OSHA investigating worker death at AG Processing
- OSHA fines St. Joseph sawmill following fatal accident
- Highland police investigating deaths
- Impeachment process: How will this work
- Jury acquits workers in Kansas waterslide death case
- Police continue to investigate shooting, suspicious death
- Police investigate suspicious death on Lake Ave
- Livingston County Sheriff's Office investigating hunting death
- Stabbing death leads to homicide investigation
- New York AG opens investigation into Facebook over email contact collection