(ATCHISON, Ks.) An officer involved shooting late Wednesday morning in Atchison left one person hospitalized.
Atchison Police Chief Mike Wilson told MSC News no officers were hurt in the incident.
The Atchison Police Department says an officer was dispatched to a residence at North 4th Street and L Street. When the officer arrived on scene around 10:20 a.m., a male suspect identified as 44-year-old Bryan Boldridge of Atchison approached with a rifle. The officer commanded him to drop the gun, and Boldridge complied.
Then, a verbal conflict between the two began to escalate. The officer deployed a taser toward Boldridge who then produced a handgun, firing at the officer. The officer was not hit, and returned fire, hitting Boldridge.
Boldridge was hit and then taken into custody. He was described as having non-life-threatening injuries, but was taken to the hospital.
The KBI continues to investigate.
The report of shots fired also led to an alert from Benedictine College and other area schools.
- Update: One injured in officer-involved shooting in Atchison.
- 1 injured in shooting in Atchison, Kansas
- Teen injured in accidental shooting in Atchison
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- Arrest made in Atchison shooting
- Atchison Remembers One of Their Fallen Officers After Clinton Shooting
- Tarkio woman seriously injured after van overturns in Atchison County
- No charges in officer-involved shooting
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident