(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph police officer named in a January shooting is the same officer involved in a 2017 deadly shooting.
St. Joseph police Tuesday released the name of the officer involved in the shooting on Jan. 10.
Police said Officer Brant Hutchison shot 42-year-old Phillip Hoyt after Hoyt appeared to pull out a gun during a disturbance call at 13th and Garfield.
Hoyt was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was later charged with felony possession of a firearm.
Police said Officer Hutchison remains on administrative duties. He has been with the department for more than four years.
Hutchison was also involved in a deadly officer-involved shooting in October 2017.
Authorities said Hutchison was shot at by Samantha Hennard, 25, during a disturbance call on the 2100 block of 10th Street before he returned fire. Hennard was struck one time and died at the scene.
No charges were filed in the shooting.
- Officer named in January shooting linked to 2017 deadly shooting
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Plea deal reached in deadly 2017 Thanksgiving shooting
- Neighborhood reacts to deadly shooting
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Suspect charged in deadly midtown shooting
- Authorities name officers involved in last week's shooting
- School District Talks Safety After Deadly School Shooting in Florida
- Police Identify Victim in Deadly Shooting on Lafayette Street
- One suspect arrested in deadly Kansas City bar shooting