(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Law enforcement officers in northwest Missouri teamed up on Tuesday for the annual torch run for the Special Olympics.
Officers kicked off the run at the Nodaway County Courthouse in Maryville before passing the torch onto agencies in Savannah and St. Joseph.
More than 2,300 runners from 119 agencies from across the state will take part in the 2019 Torch Run. The runners will cover more than 1,000 miles across Missouri before the Summer Games begin in Springfield on May 31.
- Officers run for Special Olympics
- Shamrock Run Brings In Funds for Special Olympics
- Athletes Prepare for Special Olympics Indoor Games
- Special Olympics softball tournament brings athletes together
- Special Olympics holds first ever athletic event
- Special Olympic Athlete going for dancing gold
- Special Olympics athletes perform for Chiefs player
- St. Joseph to Host Special Olympics Indoor Games
- DeVos blasted again for proposing cuts to the Special Olympics
- Special Olympics Missouri celebrate State Indoor Opening Ceremonies