(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) I-29 has been closed from the U.S. 71 intersection north of St. Joseph (MM57) to the Iowa state line because of flooding from the Missouri River.
"The decision was made due to water that was going to go over the road further north near Craig, Missouri," said Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jake Angle. "Water is predicted to go over the road much sooner than we anticipated."
The patrol said water has overtopped levees further north in the Watson and Corning areas.
I-29 was already shut down from Rock Port (MM110) to the Missouri/Iowa border.
The Missouri Department of Transportation said anyone wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
- I-29 north of St. Joseph closed because of flooding
- I-29 reopens north of St. Joseph
- MoDOT reopens I-29 north of St. Joseph
- I-29 closure north of St. Joseph enters sixth week
- I-29 closing from Iowa state line to near St. Joseph due to flooding
- St. Joseph Woman Killed in Crash on I-29
- Flooding forces more evacuations; I-29 closed at Missouri/Iowa border
- MoDOT closes I-29 again due to flooding in Iowa
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- St. Joseph man arrested on suspicion of DWI in I-29 head-on crash