(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) I-29 has been closed from the U.S. 71 intersection north of St. Joseph (MM57) to the Iowa state line because of flooding from the Missouri River.
"The decision was made due to water that was going to go over the road further north near Craig, Missouri," said Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jake Angle. "Water is predicted to go over the road much sooner than we anticipated."
The patrol said water has overtopped levees further north in the Watson and Corning areas.
I-29 was already shut down from Rock Port (MM110) to the Missouri/Iowa border.
The Missouri Department of Transportation said anyone wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
- I-29 north of St. Joseph closed because of flooding
- St. Joseph Woman Killed in Crash on I-29
- Flooding forces more evacuations; I-29 closed at Missouri/Iowa border
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- St. Joseph man arrested on suspicion of DWI in I-29 head-on crash
- St. Joseph institution closes doors permanently
- I-29 remains closed as crews evaluate and repair pavement damage
- Two Seriously Injured in Tractor Trailer Crash on I-29 North
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate