(HIAWATHA, Kan.) One person was killed in a small plane crash north of Hiawatha.
Brown County dispatch received the call about 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
The crash happened in a corn field between Highway 73 and Mallard Road. The cause of the crash remains unknown.
The FAA and Kansas Highway Patrol are on scene investigating the crash.
The name of the victim will not be released until the next of kin has been notified.
- One person dead after Hiawatha plane crash
- UPDATE: Pilot identified in fatal Hiawatha plane crash
- One person dead after early morning crash
- Family speaks out after racial bullying at Hiawatha High School
- Pilot safe after plane crash
- One Person Dead After Fatal Crash in Chillicothe
- Plane Crash Sends One to Hospital
- UPDATE: 1 person dead, at least 4 others injured in crash on south 6th Street
- One man dead, another person injured in overnight shooting
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash