One person sent to the hospital after home catches fire Monday night

A fire at a home on the 1200 block of 5th Ave. Monday night sent one person to the hospital with moderate injuries.

Posted: May. 14, 2019 12:00 PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire at a home on the 1200 block of 5th Ave. Monday night sent one person to the hospital with moderate injuries.

According to the St. Joseph Fire Department, a person sustained burns to the hands and feet and suffered from smoke inhalation after their home went up in flames.

Inspectors from the fire department believe the fire was started by cooking oil in the kitchen of the home.

The American Red Cross did respond to the fire to assist the one person displaced by the fire.

The home caught fire at around 9:30 p.m. Monday.

Article Comments

Saint Joseph
Clear
77° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 79°
Maryville
Broken Clouds
77° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 79°
Savannah
Clear
77° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 79°
Cameron
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 76°
Fairfax
Overcast
75° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 75°
We once again dealt with heavy rain and thunderstorms this Friday morning across the KQ2 Viewing Area. The activity with push east by late morning before another round pushes through Friday afternoon. We are under a slight risk for severe weather Friday and as well into our Saturday.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

 

Community Events