(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire at a home on the 1200 block of 5th Ave. Monday night sent one person to the hospital with moderate injuries.
According to the St. Joseph Fire Department, a person sustained burns to the hands and feet and suffered from smoke inhalation after their home went up in flames.
Inspectors from the fire department believe the fire was started by cooking oil in the kitchen of the home.
The American Red Cross did respond to the fire to assist the one person displaced by the fire.
The home caught fire at around 9:30 p.m. Monday.
- One person sent to the hospital after home catches fire Monday night
- Third Home Catches Fire on Block of South 17th
- 1 Person Killed in Tuesday Night House Fire
- Neighborhood reacts after abandoned building catches fire
- Man in custody after standoff Monday night
- One Person Taken to Hospital After Car Accident
- Morning crash sends one person to the hospital
- One person taken to hospital after crash Friday afternoon
- One person in hospital following crash in Livingston County
- One person shot, one in custody in Saturday night shooting