(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A man is in the hospital after being hit by a car on the Belt Highway Thursday evening.
St. Joseph Police responded to the area shortly after 7 p.m. in the area of Pickett Road and S. Belt Highway.
Police said a man was attempting to cross the road when he was struck. The man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Authorities said the man was wearing dark clothing which they believe might have contributed to the accident.
- One person seriously injured after being hit by car on Belt Highway
- 5 injured in chain-reaction accident on Belt Highway
- Police search for driver in Belt Highway hit-and-run
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- Car slams into building along Belt Hwy.
- MoDOT and Highway Patrol Demonstrate the Importance of Seat Belts
- MoDOT Studying Speed Limit Change to Stretch of Belt Highway
- Romantic Date Catches the Eyes of Drivers Along Belt Highway
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash