(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Open Door Food Kitchen opened a new facility Saturday morning.
The Board of Directors for the food kitchen served the first meals to those suffering with food insecurity.
The Second Harvest Community Food Bank along with Triumph Foods provided nourishment.
Board members said none of this would be possible without the support of generous donors.
"We can't thank everybody enough for making this possible, Marsha Rosenthal, Board president, Open Door Food Kitchen said. "We have a lot of hungry people in St. Joe and this way at least they can get a hot meal every day of the week."
Board members said the new facility will serve hot and nutritious meals year-round.
- Open Door Food Kitchen opens new facility
- Open Door Food Kitchen hosts Thanksgiving lunch
- City Breaks Ground on New Open Door Food Kitchen
- Construction begins on new Open Door Food Kitchen
- COJOE Officially Opens its Doors
- New food kitchen expected to open early Summer
- Food Kitchen closes in on fundraising goals for new facility
- Food Kitchen Serves Up Holiday Meal
- City approves sale of food kitchen building
- SJFD opens the doors to new Fire Station Number 9