(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A massive fire destroyed four family homes in St. Joseph Saturday night.
A total of four houses caught fire on Church Street before midnight. The fire destroyed homes and displaced about 14 people total, the American Red Cross said. All got out of the fire safely and without injuries.
Families lived in three of the houses, but one was unoccupied. One of the 14 affected told Red Cross’s Ralph Dishong that the fire
started in the unoccupied building and then quickly spread to the other homes.
Investigators have not said whether they have determined the cause.
The American Red Cross of Northwest Missouri is assisting the families with their needs and a place to stay.
In an email, Dishong said for those looking to help, they can donate money to the Red Cross or donate items to Community Services.
- Overnight Fire Displaces 14
- House fire displaces one
- House Fire Displaces Family of Six
- Fire displaces dozens from apartment complex
- Family displaced after fire burns home
- Fire Engulfs Multiple Homes Overnight
- Fire damages vacant home overnight
- Fire Crews Battle Flames in Overnight Fire
- Falls City Fire Crews Battle Overnight Fire
- 5 people displaced after house fire Thursday night