(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Smart car technology is being credited with helping bring a stolen car chase to an end.
Police say officers spotted the stolen vehicle in the area of 622 N. 12th Street Monday morning.
The owner of the car told officers the car was equipped with a smart system.
Officers followed the vehicle until the car's smart system was able to shut down the engine.
The car rolled to a stop near St. Joe Avenue and Highland where officers were waiting.
Police arrested a 26-year-old man inside the car.
He was also allegedly in possession of a stolen firearm.
- Smart Car Technology Shuts Down Stolen Car During Police Chase
- Police investigate car to car shots fired
- Car Crashes into Parked Car
- Clinton County deputies assist with 125 mph car chase
- 2 children died after a stolen police cruiser crashed into their car outside a library
- MSHP: Three stolen cars from Illinois lead troopers, police to multi-county pursuit
- Police chase ends after car crashes into Krug Pool building, two seriously injured
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- Police stop 77 cars in overnight operation
- Suspect rams police car, ending pursuit