(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph School District is still working on their final decision on the $8.3 million budget cuts and one local program could be hit hard by the potential cuts.
Parents as Teachers could lose as much as $150,000 and staff say that if that happened, it would be the end of the program.
Techincal Director Debbie Kunz's position is being eliminated and she says there will not be a lot of direct supervision and leadership for the program.
"The thing that concerns me the most is the families," Kunz said. "The families that don't get the support, children that come to school underprepared to learn."
Kunz says that the program will continue to advocated for Parents as Teachers in the community.
The Board of Education will make their final decisions for the district budget cuts on February 26.
- Parents as Teachers Facing Budget Cuts
- Deadline Set for School District Budget Cuts
- Clinton County cuts into public safety budget
- Public works details impact of budget cuts
- Director of Parents as Teachers Says Goodbye
- SJSD to Ponder Budget Cuts to Close $7.5 Million Gap
- Humboldt, Lake Contrary Closures Top Possible SJSD Budget Cuts
- St. Joseph School District Grapples with Budget Cuts
- Trump 2020 budget projects big deficits despite spending cuts
- Recent flooding causes cuts to city's 2020 budget plan