(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) St. Joseph police said a pedestrian has died after being struck by a car along Highway 36 Wednesday afternoon.
They say they responded to an accident on eastbound Highway 36 between 28th Street and the Belt Highway around 2:30 p.m.
Police say a 29-year-old male was struck after getting out of his car to attend to a driver in another vehicle parked in the median who was experiencing a medical episode.
According to police, the male was transported Mosaic Life Care with critical injuries and later pronounced dead.
The name of the victim has not been released.
The driver suffering a medical episode was also taken to the hospital. The conditon of the driver is unknown.
Eastbound lanes of Highway 36 between 28th Street and the Belt Highway were shutdown for a couple hours.
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- Pedestrian struck along Hwy 36
- SJPD identifies man killed along Highway 36
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- One taken to hospital following crash on 36 Highway
- KDOT to close ramps from Highway 36 overnight to Elwood
- Flooding closes Highway 36 on both sides of Chillicothe
- 3 injured after truck pulling camper flips on Highway 36