(DAWN, Mo) A pilot is uninjured after his plane crashed in a field in Livingston county.
The F.A.A. alerted emergency crews of a possible downed aircraft around 3:53 p.m. Thursday.
Several agencies including the Livingston County Sheriffs Office, Missouri State Highway Patrol, and a few citizens began searching for the plane several miles southwest of Chillicothe.
For some time, responders were unsuccessful in locating the plane, but the pilot was able to walk to a nearby home and give his address over the phone.
The pilot, who is from Wisconsin, was then found around 5:02 p.m. a few miles southeast of Dawn.
The Highway Patrol and F.A.A are investigating.
- Pilot safe after plane crash
- Plane Crash Sends One to Hospital
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash
- Missing Teen Found Safe
- Update: Missing girl found safe
- American Airlines pilot arrested just before transatlantic takeoff
- Crossing homeless shelter halfway through one-year pilot program
- "Safe Blankets" Help Comfort Victims of Abuse
- UPDATE: Missing Kansas teen found safe
- Missing St. Joseph Man Located Safe