(CLINTON COUNTY, Mo.) A plane crash in Clinton County Friday night sent one person to the hospital.
The Clinton County Sheriff's Office says they received a call of a single plane crash on South C Highway and Southeast Piper Road around 6 p.m.
In a Facebook post, the department said deputies and first responders discovered a 2014 Experimental RV-12 plane on its top with one occupant inside.
The occupant was taken to an area hospital for treatment of moderate injuries.
Authorities said the investigation into the crash revealed the occupant was doing normal maintenance on the plane. The plan started to run away from the occupant resulting in the crash.
The plane was not flying in the air, or attempting to take-off at the time of the accident.
Clinton County Sheriff's Office, Missouri State Highway Patrol and the FAA are still investigating the incident.
- Plane Crash Sends One to Hospital
- Collision Sends Cyclist to Hospital
- Crash on N. Belt Highway Sends 3 People to Hospital
- Crash on I-229 sends one man to hospital
- Car crashes into home sending two to the hospital
- Morning crash sends one person to the hospital
- Crash involving motorcycle sends one person to hospital
- Pilot safe after plane crash
- Apartment Fire Sends One to Hospital
- Overnight Stabbing Sends Two to Hospital