(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A juvenile offender got a quick taste of freedom.
St. Joseph police say the juvenile jumped out of a transport van stopped at Woodbine and Faraon Wednesday afternoon.
Police were able to quickly catch up with her in the parking lot of the Super China Buffett off the Belt Highway and take her back into custody.
The juvenile was being transported from a detention center in Iowa.
Police say the juvenile was being transported to St. Joseph for medical reasons.
- Police Catch Escaped Juvenile Offender
- Chillicothe Police Asking for Information on Missing Juvenile
- Juvenile Taken to Hospital After Shooting
- Law enforcement sweep targets sex offenders
- Law Enforcement Cracks Down on Sex Offenders for Halloween
- New law could reduce Missouri sex offender registry count
- Missouri State Auditor releases Sex Offender Registration Program audit
- Two in Custody After Juvenile Victim Choked, Beaten in Rural Area
- Juvenile Taken into Custody After Threat was Made Against Local School
- Red Kettle Campaign Still Looking to Catch Up on Donations