(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph police have identified the victim in a deadly crash on I-229 early Sunday.
The crash killed Darius Harris.
A second person, Evan Steele, was taken to the hospital with critical injuries.
The accident happened around 12:09 a.m. Sunday on I-229 south of E. Lake Blvd.
Police are still investigating the crash but say speed was a major factor. Authorities have also not determined yet who was behind the wheel at the time of the crash.
I-229 from E. Lake Blvd to South 22nd Street was shut down for several hours while police investigated the accident.
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal I-229 Crash
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal House Fire
- Victim Identified in Tuesday's Fatal Three-Vehicle Crash
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- Police identify victim in Wednesday night's fatal stabbing
- Crash on I-229 sends one man to hospital
- 1 Killed in Overnight Accident on I-229
- MoDOT Discusses Options for Future of I-229
- I-229 to close for inspection and repairs