(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Police Department confirmed Randy "Scoti" Hardin, 30, died Sunday evening after a motorcycle accident on King Hill Avenue.
Police said Hardin was driving a motorcycle when he collided with another vehicle. That vehicle then fled the scene of the accident.
Police said they do have a suspect in custody in connection to the accident, but have not released that suspect's name.
Hardin's sister, Shelby Mullen, said police had told her Hardin was brain dead at the scene of the accident, but he later died at the hospital.
"I thought it was fake," Mullen said. "It's still kind of a shock to me. I'm trying to just pretend it didn't happen for the moment until everyone else is okay."
Mullen said Hardin was married with three children.
"He was always the funniest person in the room," Mullen said. "He was a die hard Chiefs fan, and he loved his kids."
Police said the accident is still under investigation.
- Police Release Name of Victim in Deadly Motorcycle Crash
- Platte Co. Sheriff Releases Names of Victims in Deadly Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Ultralight Crash
- Victims Identified in Deadly Highway 59 Crash
- Suspect in Custody Following Deadly Motorcycle Accident
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Missouri Man
- Police Identify Victim in Deadly Shooting on Lafayette Street
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal I-229 Crash
- Police Release Name of Victim Located in Vehicle