(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph police say a case of road rage boiled over to violence after one person was stabbed.
It happened on Highway 36 near I-29 around 6:15 p.m. Monday.
Police said it started when a white Toyota cut off a tractor trailer multiple times. Both vehicles eventually stopped on the side of the highway. Police said a man in the Toyota got out with a large screwdriver and stabbed the semi truck driver in the arm. A passenger in the semi grabbed a gun and fired one shot into the ground.
No one has been arrested. The victim was treated and released from the hospital.
- Police: Road rage leads to stabbing on Highway 36
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- SJPD identifies man killed along Highway 36
- UPDATE: Highway 36 reopens after large crash shuts down road Thursday morning
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- One taken to hospital following crash on 36 Highway
- KDOT to close ramps from Highway 36 overnight to Elwood
- Flooding closes Highway 36 on both sides of Chillicothe