(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph Police continue to search for a suspect believed to have been involved in a shooting in St. Joseph Monday afternoon.
At around 1:00 p.m. Monday, police received a call of a possible shooting on the 1500 block of Felix St. in St. Joseph. Upon arrival, officers discovered an adult male who had been shot and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
RELATED STORY: Police: Man taken to hospital after being shot in leg
After obtaining a search warrant, the tactical unit with the police department made entry into a home located at 1517 Felix St. and were unable to find the suspect.
"Just the one suspect is all we are looking for," Commander Eric Protzman with the St. Joseph Police Department said. "We know exactly who it is so it's just going to take us time to locate him and get that person into custody."
Protzman says the suspect resides at the home police were searching.
Once the suspect is taken into custody, a case will be presented to the Buchanan County Prosecutor's Office for possible charges.
Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to contact the police department at 816-238-TIPS.
- Police continue search for suspect involved in Monday's shooting in St. Joseph
- Officers identified in officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- UPDATE: St. Joseph Police Car Involved in Accident
- LATEST: Police searching for shooting suspect
- Clinton Shooting Suspect had Criminal Charges in St. Joseph
- St. Joseph man charged in Monday morning police chase
- St. Joseph Police Seeking Information on Two Potential Suspects
- Police investigate 2 separate shootings in St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Police Confirm ID of Shooting Victim
- St. Joseph police investigate shooting at East Hills Mall