(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- The St. Joseph Police Department has identified the 29-year-old woman killed in a Belt Highway crash Friday.
Officials and court documents said 29-year-old Cassandra D. Blackmore of Atchison, Ks. was killed when 23-year-old Bronson Cooper ran a red light on South Belt Highway near 36 Highway and struck Blackmore's vehicle.
The Buchanan County prosecutor's office has charged Cooper with one count of second-degree involunatry manslaughter.
Blackmore's 8-year-old passenger was life flighted to Children's Mercy Hospital with serious injuries.
- Police identify woman killed in Belt Highway crash
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Highway Patrol identifies victim killed in Highway 59 crash
- Crash on N. Belt Highway Sends 3 People to Hospital
- Drivers in Belt Highway crash suffer minor injuries
- Vehicle crashes into Dollar Tree on South Belt Highway
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- Police identify woman killed in Monday morning crash
- Police search for driver in Belt Highway hit-and-run