(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A joint operation by law enforcement saw 68 vehicles stopped in four hours Thursday night in St. Joseph.
More than 50 officers from the St. Joseph police, Missouri State Highway Patrol, Buchanan County Sheriff's Department, Andrew County Sheriff's Department, ATF, and the Kansas Highway Patrol took part in the special operation aimed at tackling street level criminal activity.
15 people were arrested on warrants, six of which were felony cases. Officers also arrested two drivers for DWI and one for driving while suspended while handing 64 citations and 35 warnings.
- Police operation stops 68 vehicles in four hours
- Police stop 77 cars in overnight operation
- Police helicopter operation leads to 98 stops, 17 arrests
- Police Use Helicopters for Operation
- 14 arrested in overnight police operation targeting stolen vehicles, fleeing offenders
- Operation Christmas Child Collection Begins
- Police Make 5 Arrests During Overnight Operation Targeting Fleeing Drivers
- Police target car theft in special operation Thursday night
- Four hour standoff ends peacefully
- Rep. Elijah Cummings, key figure in Trump investigations, dies at 68