(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The case involving a fatal stabbing from Wednesday, June 12, has been sent back to the St. Joseph Police Department for further Investigation.
According to Buchanan County Prosecuting Attorney Ron Holliday, the case was submitted to the Prosecutor's office but has since been sent back to the police department for further follow-up.
The case involves the fatal stabbing of 39-year-old, Khayree Darton. Darton was stabbed in a disturbance near the intersection of S. 26th St. and Mitchell Ave.
After the incident took place, police said that a 39-year-old suspect was taken into custody. They have not released the suspect's name.
- Police resume fatal stabbing investigation after prosecutors send back case
- Police investigating Labor Day stabbing
- Police investigating after Southside stabbing
- Police looking for suspects in fatal stabbing
- SJPD investigate overnight stabbing
- Overnight Stabbing Sends Two to Hospital
- Stabbing sends woman to the hospital
- Police identify victim in Wednesday night's fatal stabbing
- Stabbing death leads to homicide investigation
- Prosecutor, judge respond to questions surrounding sentence in sodomy case