(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A man was taken to the hospital Friday afternoon after being hit by a car at an apartment complex on 38th Street.
Police say the man was struck while walking on the sidewalk around 1 p.m. at St. Francis Apartments.
Investigators said the car pulled up to the circle drive to drop someone off. The car accelerated and hit the man and a handicap parking sign before driving away.
The man hit was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
Authorities say it was a gray four-door car with damage to the front end.
Police are looking for the driver, if you have any information called the TIPS hotline at 238-TIPS.
- Police search for driver who hit a pedestrian in St. Joseph
- Police searching for driver who hit bicyclist
- Drivers Education Course Back in St. Joseph
- Driver's Ed Returning to St. Joseph
- Drunk Driver Crashes into St. Joseph Bar
- St. Joseph Police searching for missing 12-year-old girl
- Police searching for suspect in south St. Joseph shooting
- Widespread Power Outage Hits St. Joseph
- Truck hits building along St. Joseph Ave.
- Another St. Joseph home hit by gunfire