(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Officials with the St. Joseph Parks and Recreation Department said it's been a struggle to get Krug Pool and the St. Joseph Aquatic Park up and running this year.
Staff said they are just glad to have both pools open in time for this streak of heat.
"We had to do a lot of troubleshooting," Chuck Kempf, director of the St. Joseph parks department said. " We finally got both of the aquatic facilities open and things are going well."
The Aquatic Park is open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., from noon to 6:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Krug Pool is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from noon to 6:00 p.m.
- City pools stay open as extreme heat moves in
- KQ2 Forecast: Last day of extreme heat today
- Krug Park Pool Opens for the Season
- Staff preps for Krug Pool opening weekend
- Experts stress staying hydrated during heat wave
- Rain moves out and temps stay cool
- Extreme Rainfall Deficits in Gallatin
- Another Round of Heat Moving In
- Krug Pool opening delayed due to an equipment failure
- How heat waves can kill -- and how to stay safe