(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) There is now officially a candidate for next fall's election for Buchanan County Presiding Commissioner.
Lee Sawyer announced Thursday that he will run for the seat.
Sawyer is currently the Executive Vice President of the BERKS group which is a division of News Press Gazaette Company.
He says if elected he will focus on improving the county's customer service and make operations more efficient.
"Efficiently run county that's effective in what they are doing and also customer focused," Sawyer said. "So that when people are interfacing with the county that they have a good experience and that they know that they're getting a good bang for their buck, so to speak, when it comes to their taxpayer dollars."
Currently Presiding Commissioner Harry Roberts has not yet announced if he will be running for reelection.
- Race for Buchanan County Presiding Commissioner Begins
- Race for Buchanan County Circuit Clerk Begins
- Voters choose Sawyer over Guthery in Buchanan County Commissioner's race
- Sawyer, Guthery contenders for Presiding Commissioner race
- Thrasher wins Buchanan County clerk's race
- Former Buchanan County Deputy Appears in Court
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Phone Scams
- Buchanan County Kicks Off 2018 Debt Free
- Buchanan County Files Lawsuit Against Big Pharma
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Money Scam