We are waking up this Monday morning to some showers and thunderstorms across the KQ2 Viewing Area. They'll push through northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas by the late morning hours then partly sunny skies into the afternoon. Monday we'll also have to deal with very warm temperatures and windy conditions. Highs will be in the mid 90s. Sustained winds from the south at 15-25 mph likely with gusts around 30 mph possible.
Watching Tuesday for a round of showers and thunderstorms to move through the area. Some storms could be strong to severe. The Storm Prediction Center has the KQ2 Viewing Area under a Slight Risk. Large hail & damaging winds are looking to be main threats. All of us in the KQ2 weather center will be fine tuning the forecast as we get closer to the event.
Tuesday's storm chances are due to a cold front that will bring cool conditions on Wednesday with highs in the upper 70s. The rest of the week and into the long Labor Day holiday weekend looks unsettled with on and off rain chances. Highs are expected to be in the 80s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- Rain chances and cooler temperatures this workweek
- Cooler Temperatures & Rain Chances For The Weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances continue, much cooler temperatures Wednesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances & cooler temperatures for Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Tracking some snow chances & cold temperatures this workweek
- Rain and cooler temperatures in the forecast
- Not As Hot & Some Rain Chances This Workweek
- Still Watching Snow Chances for New Workweek
- Storm Chances to Start New Workweek
- Some Storm Chances to End Workweek