(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Volunteers for the United Way are sent out to schools in the community in order to help with improving reading skills for kids.
The Reading Adventures Program allows volunteers to be rewarded by being able to give back to the community just by reading with kids once a week.
"Once i just took the leap and decided to do it it has done nothing but benefit me," volunteer Amber Siasoco said.
No experience is needed to volunteer for the reading adventures program through united way. To sign up visit their website at http://www.stjosephunitedway.org.
- Volunteers See Benefits from Children's Reading Program
- United Way Reading Adventure
- Coffee fundraiser benefits MERIL
- READ: The full Mueller report
- Volunteers Needed for Turkey Day
- US Senator Recognizes Local Volunteers
- Pony Express Run needs volunteers
- Habitat volunteer gets new home
- Read NBC's Statement on Matt Lauer's Firing
- Parson talks telehealth benefits during healthcare tour